Money[edit | edit source]
"You say that money isn't everything, But I'd like to see you live without it" - Silverchair (Song: Tomorrow Album: Frogstomp 1995)
Emeralds are the usual currency in Minecraft. The Acid Mines server has developed this idea to form it's own in-game monetary system using a standardised emerald exchange system. Put more simply: Emeralds can be exchanged for money. The Emerald City Mall acts as a kind of reserve bank setting the emerald price and offering exchange services to players. Emerald prices are based on a super secret formula known only to PSP, our chief reserve banker and are variable from day to day. It pays to keep an eye on it - whispered legends still circulate about the time that the emerald price reached $50 each!
Emeralds can be gained from several sources including:
- Mining - most common in extreme hills biomes;
- Rewards Shop - redeem reward points for emeralds;
- Trading with Villagers - Exchange items for emeralds;
- Treasure Hunt - Get lucky and win some gems.
- Donations store - Go to the Acid Mines website and buy some
- To the authors knowledge, there are no shops selling emeralds other than Emerald City Mall.
Commands[edit | edit source]
The in game shop can be accessed by typing /Shop in the chat display
A player can check how much money they have by typing /money in the chat display.
To see the Acid Mines Rich 100 List type /money top <pagenumber> in the chat display.